Today’s Cyber Fraud Prevention teams are expert data, people, process and systems experts. They identify fraud patterns, replicate, prevent and prosecute them.
The business challenge for Cyber Security and Cyber Fraud Prevention is the demand for continuous agility in driving capabilities for automation, artificial intelligence and data integrity. Teams must stay current on continual cyber security risks and cyber fraud exploit advancements in the threat landscape to effectively identify, mitigate, and prevent fraud attacks.
Business Analysts are engaged to identify and view the business problems in a number of dimensions, to people, process, and tool related business problem-solving. They must possess domain specific subject matter expertise and business accumen to unravel complexity in tactics, infrastructure, organization, information, process controls, data integrity, and systems.
Cyber Security Business Process Skills include a mix of technical, business, and project management skills. Strong analytics skills are needed to analyze business technology needs for Lines of Business and the Cyber security organization.
They leverage business process documentation, presentation and modeling tools in Visio, Powerpoint, Excel, Project, and Word to document workflows, present them, analyze data and plan to manage projects and knowledge.
They leverage process and industry best practices from a variety of sectors to remain current on ISACA, ITSM (IT Service Management), IT Operations, Agile, Lean Sigma, Change Acceleration Process to document current state workflows and future state, with informed business drivers.
- Understands business drivers and desired outcomes
- Standardize Cyber Security and Cyber Fraud Prevention Best practice systems, data transformation with well-aligned Security Operations procedures.
- Conduct Discovery then workshops to analyze, and translate business requirements into detailed requirements, business process designs and use cases.
- Conduct solution feasibility analysis to support project scope development, product and solution strategy
- Evaluate Solution recommendations and alternatives to business and technical requirements
Here is an example of a Cyber Fraud Prevention Project startup that required preparing a new Cyber Fraud Prevention team for the introduction of new roles and conducting proof of concept on a Case Management Tool that would involve the business stakeholders in Legal, IT, the business (Sales, Accounting, and Marketing) in a Cyber Fraud Prevention.
This Structured SECOPS Cyber Fraud Case Management Proof of Concept (POC) was aimed at validating the viability of introducing digital cloud based case management to replace siloed manual cyber fraud investigation forensics.
Cyber Security and Cyber Fraud Prevention Business Analyst:
A Cyber Security Process and Business Analyst anticipates concerns and reduces complex problems to easily understood narrative with change aware informational materials (drawings, infographics, presentations, knowledge).
The Cyber Security Process and Business Analyst actively manages business cases for Cybersecurity and Cyber Fraud Prevention initiatives.
- Analyze end-to-end business processes
- Define and document business requirements from Discovery and Workshops
- Document current and future business environment roadmap, to anticipate, identify and meet the current and evolving business needs.
- Review designs and technical specification documents for alignment with business solution.
- Define strategic business drivers. and desired outcomes into a transformation roadmap with well-aligned organizational requirements, processes, procedures, and systems.
- Document communications on changing Cybersecurity and Cyber Fraud Prevention processes and knowledge to internal business teams.
- Identify, propose and influence IT solutions to business problems
- Lead requirements and Business analytics deliverables of Organization, Process and Business technology to elicit feedback on pain points, issues, and Lines of Business Stakeholder needs.
- Prepare or review test plans and perform quality reviews of test results.
- Organize user-acceptance and application testing.
- Validate solution and project deliverables alignment to satisfy the business requirements.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY OPERATIONS RELATED PROJECTS:
Adobe Software: Cyber Fraud Prevention Business Analytics and Business Process documentation embedded in Cyber Fraud Responsible for documenting and improving process used by Forensic Investigation team. The team was responsible for mining and identifying illegal cyber fraud exploit data and conducting complex investigations to identify bad actors and conducting investigations and evolving threat intelligence and emerging fraud threats.
Palo Alto Networks: Partnered with Security Operations on Change Management Strategies, recommending new compliance requirements such as SOX and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), and documenting standardized Process for Pintesting, Governance Reporting. Oversaw Change Approval Board for enterprise change
Sun Microsystems: Developed Major IT and Security Operations ServiceDesk Operations with standard Global Ticket Handling Transformation Process, Incident and Risk Management Process Solutions for Global Enterprise Service Desk. Responsible for creating improved CMDB Data Integrity with process controls and SOX governance compliance.
Tuscon Electric Power in Arizona: IT Energy sector ServiceNow Implementation knowledge in a broad range of ITSM, SCCM, and HR processes with SOX compliance, operational/disaster recovery, operations.
Association of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) |Cyber Fraud Prevention | Executive Womens Network | Global Education & Study Abroad|Global Employment Taskforce |ISACA | itSMF Silicon Valley and San Francisco Bay Area | NIST | Project Management Institute | Recruiting Network | SANS |
Jobs N Career Success – Facebook | LinkedIn |
Dawn C Simmons LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter |Pinterest- IT and SecOps
Leave a comment